At the end of a 45-minute class yesterday, someone told me that her headache was gone. She repeated the good news, obviously pleased, and very surprised. Yoga can act that quickly. I think of it as magic. After all, we were only breathing, and moving slowly, and resting at the end. How could something so simple relieve this person’s pain so effectively? Sometimes I think that just the act of focusing our kind attention on our body, and moving deliberately, in harmony with our breathing, can cause profound shifts on many levels. I’m not sure if this person had done yoga before. If she hadn’t, her relief was all the more profound. It’s a testimony to yoga’s power that it can affect someone’s wellbeing in such a short time, with so little practice or experience.
Classes / Sessions
Information on yoga services offered:
- Listen… 🎶 Do You Want to Know a Secret? May 31, 2023
- Three Tips for Better Sleep March 18, 2023
- As We Live and Breathe February 7, 2023
- The M-Word October 25, 2022
- Three Ways to Save Your Back in the Garden July 16, 2022